Thursday, March 29, 2012

Something a Little Different ...

Hi stitching friends!

Last week I shared the little angel I stitched for one of my nieces. This week it's a project I'm stitching  for another little niece who will be celebrating her 9th birthday in a couple of weeks.

When I saw this design, I just knew it was the perfect project for the birthday girl!

By the Bay Needleart "Gigi's Garden"
Belfast Linen 32ct. "Flax"
DMC fibers

She's a little different style from my reproduction samplers, but she's been fun to stitch! I still need to add a few more flowers ...


... some big swirly clouds, and a few garden critters and she'll be complete!



I decided to finish her into a pillow. I plan to have the stitching completed today (or probably tomorrow!) and then I'm off to the fabric store for some bright fabrics and fun trim. I'll share the finished pillow next week.

"Gigi" is about all I've been working on. I did work on"Frederick" a little, but not enough to share. And I'm waiting on the new homework for "Ann Dale". I'll get back to both of those as soon as I have the birthday gift completed!

Thank you for stopping by for a visit!

Until next time, enjoy your stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I know the birthday girl is going to love it! So sweet!!! Beautiful colors too! Looking forward to seeing the finished piece. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birthday girl is definitely going to love it! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little girls always love bright colors and flowers. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete