Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas season. We had a very merry but very busy one. Almost all of my siblings and their families came home this year. There were 30 of us at my parents for Christmas celebration...lots of  kids (young and old), lots of food, lots of wine, lots of Christmas cookies, lots of fun!

And eventhough our girls are still home for Christmas break until next week, the tree and decorations have been stored away for another year and our schedule is getting back to a normal routine which means some stitching time for me...yay!!

As I mentioned in my last post, I've joined the fun at The Scarlet Letter Year. I fussed a little with my start, but I think I'm moving in the right direction now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is one big Christmas celebration, Lanie--sounds like our Thanksgivings with my husband's family... I'm sure you had a grand time and I'll bet it was fun to catch up with everyone...

    Enjoy the remaining time with your daughters--that Christmas break really flies by, doesn't it? Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I am glad that I didn't have to cook for that many but what fun to have such a big family gathered together to celebrate Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family Christmas celebration sounds like a lot of fun! It must be wonderful to have your girls home for the holidays too. :) I've been following this Scarlet Letter Year from afar, and look forward to seeing what you have chosen to stitch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a big family gathering! Glad you had a fun Christmas. Enjoy the time with your DD's. My DS is home for another week and a half.

    ReplyDelete